The Army Widows Association is a Registered Charity (Number 1127921), and all money raised is not only gratefully received, but goes directly towards helping our members.
You can make a real difference to Army Widows by raising vital funds for the Association. There are many different, fun and easy ways you can fundraise for us and we are here to help you every step of the way. Whether its running a marathon, trekking across the Sahara or organising a coffee morning.
If you would like to find out more about how you can help then please contact our fundraising coordinator (details on our Contact us page)
Congratulations and thanks go to….
- All those who attended the Tower of London event on 16th May 2016.
- Thanks must go to Lady Dannatt MBE, Patron of the Army Widows Association, for opening her home to us and The Band of The Scots Guards, for providing the music for the evening.
- Our Chairwoman Helen Townend who won a Bronze Award for her marmalade into the Military category at The Original Marmalade Awards in February. CONGRATULATIONS Helen!
- THANK YOU Sophie Walker who on 31st May ran 8.5miles for the Association. Thank you Sophie!
- THANK YOU to Raqual Harper-Titchener who raised money for the Association by abstaining from alcohol for 4 weeks. Well done Raqual!
- THANK YOU to Olivia Hill and Jackie who climbed Mount Kenya in May to raise money for the Association. Thank you ladies!
- THANK YOU to the team from Lloyd Piggott who ran the Great Manchester Run for the Association. Thank you all!
- THANK YOU to Rachel and Marco who kindly set up a charity fund for the Wedding and donated the money to the Association. Very thoughful of you both thank you!
- THANK YOU to Caroline Ford who took part in the Cheltenham Challenge to raise money for the Association. Thank you Caroline!
- THANK YOU to Leanne Fitzpatrick who ran the Manchester 10k to raise money for the Association. Thank you Leanne!
Organising an event?
If you are planning an event please let our fundraising team co-ordinator know (details on Contact us page). Maybe we can help, by providing banners, collecting tins, leaflets, forms, t-shirts, or sending along a few representatives to help.
Another resource you may useful is:
Or you can raise money just by shopping online with Easyfundraising. Choose from over 600 of the UK’s best known retailers including Next, Argos, Debenhams, John Lewis and HMV. Up to 15% from each purchase you make will be donated to the Army Widows Association.
Runs & Challenges
Taking on a challenge or run is a great way to help raise money for the Association whilst having fun and staying fit. Download our fundraising pack which contains a sponsor form or set up your own online fundraising page via our justgiving page.
Please do let us know what you are up to by contacting our fundraising co-ordinator (details on the contact us page).